HIV PrEP Clinic
WHAT IS PREP?
PrEP is a pill that (when taken daily) can significantly reduce your risk for contracting HIV. It is recommended for HIV-negative people who are at high-risk for contracting HIV. Consider PrEP if you are:
- A man who has anal sex with other men without a condom
- In a relationship with someone who is living with HIV
- In an open (non-monogamous) relationship and do not use condoms
- Injecting drugs that are not prescribed by a medical provider or share needles
- A person who provides sex for money, drugs, food, shelter or transportation
PRE-EXPOSURE PROPHYLAXIS PHARMACY-BASED CLINICS
Now you can see a local pharmacist and start PrEP (a daily pill to help prevent HIV) the same day!
AFTER YOUR INITIAL VISIT YOU WILL SEE YOUR PHARMACIST:
- 1 month later (to make sure you are doing well on PrEP)
- Then every 3-months (to ensure that you continue to do well on PREP)
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE VISIT?
- Meet with a pharmacist (discuss medical history, receive counseling & education on PrEP)
- Take a rapid HIV test
- Take a self-collected sample for gonorrhea and chlamydia
- Receive same-day blood draw (for: HIV, Renal (kidney) function, Hepatitis B, and Syphilis) with onsite Quest Lab
- Take a Pregnancy test, if needed
- Receive PrEP
How long will the visit take?
Your first visit should take less than an hour.
When can I come in?
Please call 253-272-0324 or schedule an appointment online below
What do I need to bring:
- Washington State Driver’s License or Passport
- Your Insurance card (medical and prescription)
- Your PrEP Drug Assistance Program (PrEP DAP) ID and Gilead Advancing Access Co-pay Card (if you have them)
- List of medications and immunizations history
What types of payment and insurance do you take?
We accept PrEP DAP, Gilead Advancing Access, most commercial and Managed Medicaid plans, Medicare, and cash pay for Medication (PrEP) and lab costs. We accept PrEP DAP, First Choice Health and cash pay for consultation costs.
What if I do not have insurance?
- Please call a patient navigator to obtain medical financial assistance:
- Pierce County AIDS Foundation: (253) 693-0225
Protecting your Privacy is important to Us!
- All PrEP services will be provided in a confidential setting
- If you have health insurance under another person’s plan (like a parent or spouse), we can help you take action to protect your private health information